Introduction to Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-malware tool that can protect your computer from a variety of threats, including viruses, spyware, and adware. However, sometimes Malwarebytes may display an error code when trying to access the Privacy tab in the settings. This error, MB404104, can be caused by a number of factors, including incorrect permissions or a corrupted file. In this article, we’ll show you how to fix the Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104 so you can get back to using Malwarebytes without any issues.
Possible Causes of Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104
There are a few possible causes of the Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104. One possibility is that your computer’s registry is corrupt. Another possibility is that you have a virus or malware infection on your computer. If you suspect that either of these is the case, you should scan your computer with an anti-virus or anti-malware program to see if any infections are present.
If you think that neither of these is the cause of the error, then it is possible that the Malwarebytes Privacy Service is not running properly. To check this, open the Windows Services Manager and look for the Malwarebytes Privacy Service. If it is not running, try starting it manually. If it still does not start, then there may be a problem with the service itself and you will need to reinstall it.
How to Troubleshoot and Fix the Error Code MB404104?
If you’re seeing the error code MB404104 in Malwarebytes for Windows, it means that our software is having trouble communicating with our servers. This can be caused by a number of things, including:
- Your internet connection is down or intermittent
- Our servers are temporarily down or busy
- A firewall is blocking communication
- There’s a problem with your DNS settings
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the error:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection. If you’re on a Wi-Fi network, try moving closer to the router.
- Restart your computer and try running the scan again. Sometimes a restart can fix temporary issues like this.
- Temporarily disable any firewall software you have running and try the scan again. If that fixes the issue, you’ll need to add an exception for Malwarebytes in your firewall settings.
- Try using a different DNS server. You can find out what DNS server you’re currently using by opening Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) and typing “ipconfig /all” (without the quotes). Then, use Google’s public DNS servers by changing your DNS settings to 18.104.22.168 and 8.8.4
Recommended Solutions for Fixing the Error Code MB404104
If you are receiving the Error Code MB404104 from Malwarebytes, it is recommended that you follow the solutions below in order to fix the issue.
1. Check for System Updates
One of the first things you should do is check for any available system updates. Outdated software can often be the cause of errors like this, so it is important to make sure everything is up-to-date. To check for updates on a Windows computer, simply open the Start Menu and search for “Updates”. If there are any available, they will be listed here and can be installed with just a few clicks.
2. Reset Your Internet Connection
Another potential solution is to reset your internet connection. This can often fix minor issues that are causing problems with your internet connection or other online services. To reset your internet connection, simply disconnect and then reconnect your modem or router. After doing this, try accessing Malwarebytes again to see if the error has been fixed.
3. Disable Any VPN Software
If you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) software, it is possible that this could be causing the Error Code MB404104. Try disabling any VPN software that you may be using and then attempt to access Malwarebytes again. If this fixes the problem, you can try re-enabling your VPN software and connecting to a different server to see if that works better.
4. Contact Malwarebytes Support
Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104
If you’re seeing the Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104, it means that there’s an issue with the Malwarebytes service and your privacy settings. Here’s how to fix it.
First, open the Malwarebytes app and go to Settings. Next, click on Privacy, then toggle the switch for Enable Protection to Off. After that, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
If you’re still seeing the error code, it’s possible that there’s a problem with your registry settings. To fix this, you’ll need to edit the registry keys associated with Malwarebytes. For instructions on how to do this, please see our article on How to Fix Registry Errors in Windows.
Once you’ve made the necessary changes, restart your computer and try opening Malwarebytes again. If it still doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the software.
How to Fix Malwarebytes Privacy Error MB404104 online
If you’re getting the Malwarebytes privacy error code MB404104, there are a few things you can try to fix it.
- First, make sure that your privacy settings are set to allow Malwarebytes to access your data. To do this, open the Malwarebytes app and go to Settings. Under the Privacy tab, make sure the “Allow Malwarebytes to access my data” setting is turned on.
- If that doesn’t fix the problem, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Malwarebytes. To do this, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and find Malwarebytes in the list of installed programs. Select it and click Uninstall. Then, download and install the latest version of Malwarebytes from our website.
Still getting the MB404104 error? Contact our support team for help.
Tips to Prevent the Malwarebytes Privacy Error MB404104 from Occurring Again
It is important to take measures to prevent the malwarebytes privacy error MB404104 from occurring again. Below are some tips to help you do this:
- Keep your Malwarebytes software up-to-date: Be sure to regularly check for updates to your Malwarebytes software and install them as soon as they are available. This will help ensure that you have the latest protection against malware and other threats.
- Don’t click on links in email messages or on websites unless you are sure they are safe: Many malware infections occur when users click on malicious links in email messages or on websites. If you are unsure about a link, do not click on it.
- Use caution when downloading files from the Internet: Be careful when downloading files from the Internet, especially if you are not familiar with the website where you are downloading the file. If possible, only download files from trusted websites.
- Keep your operating system and other software up-to-date: Regularly check for updates to your operating system and other software programs that you have installed on your computer. Install these updates as soon as they are available to help keep your computer secure against new threats.
- Run a malware scan regularly: Even if you take all of the above precautions, it is still a good idea to run a malware scan on your computer regularly using reputable anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. This will
Final Thoughts on Fixing the Malwarebytes Privacy Error Code MB404104
As we’ve seen, the malwarebytes privacy error code mb404104 can be caused by a number of different things. However, there are a few common solutions that can help fix the issue.
First, make sure that you’re using the latest version of Malwarebytes. If you’re not, then update and try again.
If that doesn’t work, then try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes. Sometimes this can fix the issue.
Finally, if all else fails, you can always contact Malwarebytes support for help. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get it resolved.